Saturday, June 11, 2011

Taiwan Trip 2011 - Day 4 Part 1 (Mount Hehuan Sunrise, Pu Li, Sun Moon Lake,Taichung)

Woke up at 3:30am to catch the bus at 4am for the sunrise at Mount HeHuan. Funny thing is as we have to go down the slope to the 7-11 somewhere further down our minsu to catch the bus, as it was freaking dark, me and Kelly took out our torchlights and shine the way, her torchlight went out of battery. For my torchlight, I thot it was battery-operated but it's a manual torchlight where u have to keep pressing and therefore I thot it ran out of batt. End up use Jenna's iphone to guide the way down the long flight of stairs and the slope down.

The bus stopped outside another 7-11 further up the mountain to pick up other passengers and also to let us get snacks or hot drinks. We all carried the hot packs with us too.

After arriving and getting down the bus, the cold wind blew against our faces and it's only about 4 degree celsius. There was a girl who was only wearing shorts whereas the rest of the passengers they were wrapped in thick jackets. I wonder how she is able to take it.

The sunrise happened at about 5:30am.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Dragon-like-shaped clouds

Photobucket
Excited when we saw the first ray...

Photobucket
It's not dark actually but we need to on the camera flash in order to capture the rays...

Photobucket
The sky is in fact bright

Photobucket
Nice group shot

Photobucket
I managed to capture a nice photo of him.

After that we proceed to Mount Hehuan and Wu Ling. It's only 1.8 degree celsius. Me and Ryan stayed on the bus as I really cannot take the cold and his hands are freezing.

Photobucket
On the way to Mount Hehuan...the pastures....so nice and peaceful...

Photobucket

Photobucket
The sea of clouds...

Photobucket

About 7am, we went back to the minsu and wait for our cabbie from Taichung to come and fetch us.

First stop is Pu Li where we buy nice Shaoxing wine flavored 蛋卷 and chocolates.
Photobucket
The driver told us this is the nicest sausage he tasted. It was freaking oily! I dun like.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Shaoxing Fragrance Chocolates

Photobucket

Next: Sun Moon Lake (my 2nd time dere too)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
山猪肉香肠!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My fav Yam Cake! Very very nice!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
He finally get to eat his 鲁肉饭

Photobucket
Artistic shot of the Chives Dumplings!

Thereafter we proceed to Wen Wu Temple of Sun Moon Lake:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Whoo! I love this photo coz of the blurring effect and the focus on the first object.

Photobucket
He is visual and hearing handicapped. When we donate money he will suddenly move and pose thank you gestures etc.

Photobucket
I kind of freaked out when he touched my head!

Photobucket

Photobucket
The 365 steps and each step represents a date. So you can find ur birthdate here!

Part 2 of this day coming soon...