Saturday, June 30, 2012

Food Post - Grandma's Kitchen @ NEX Mall

I know that I had not been updating my blog for very loooooonnnggggg.

Work had been taking a toll on me for the past few months.

Anw the happy thing to note is that I had finished my Taiwan Trip 2011 fotojournal (4 books of them!!!).
Photoshopped and design every single page myself and hence that's why it took a year to complete cos I only do it as and when i'm free.
I can't upload every page either as each file is about 20MB?

If you want to see my Taiwan trip photos, come my house and I will show you. haha!

Shall start blogging about food.

I'm not very critical about food though my paternal family is in the F&B line.
But ever since I downloaded this iphone app - camera plus, I like to take photos of food and edit them via the app, making them look so...yummy...

That's why i decided to start blogging on food (of course will blog about other stuff whenever I have the time) and perhaps give a little bit of comments on the eating place to share with everyone!

First up!

Went to Nex Mall's Grandma's Kitchen to try out the Indonesian food.
Well i think their specialty is in Indonesian food and I see a lot of people ordered their Curry Assam Fish Head.
There's also Chinese and a few Western dishes in the menu.

As there's only my mum and myself, we only ordered 2 food items - Salted Egg Yolk Prawns and Claypot Beancurd.


The Salted Egg Yolk Prawns was good, with the egg yolk taste so fragrant and rich. However, it could have come with the salted egg yolk gravy instead of fried till very dry.
The Claypot Beancurd was average.
2 items is just right for the 2 of us.

Shall not rate on food wise as I had not tasted most of the other items.
Food: -
Service: Average
Ambience: Okay....
Value for Money: 2 rice, 2 food costs us about $30. The rice is 1.50 per bowl. I think you might want to shard the rice with your pals.